Sunday, December 25, 2011

For my Sweets: BLACKxWHITE



I have so many lovely photos from this most recent show I couldn't possibly narrow it down to one picture of each, so I've decided to break it down to a post about each look. I'm also trying to keep the IDD blog more active! No more 6 month breaks!


OK! No more excuses, here are the goods! One of my favorite looks from the line: the BLACKxWHITE rococo gown. Now I know I told you that all of the girls in this line would be sweets.. . and this is no exception! This dress was made to bring to mind black and white cookies. I know they aren't something lolitas normally think about as being cute, but they are just so delicious!


The model has on a very light pair of 18th century stays underneath the gown to give it that rigid shape. I love how neat 18th c. foundation garments make everything look!
The back of the dress is cut partially on the bias. I love making striped dresses like this so I can create those gorgeous chevrons down the back of the dress!

The stomacher is reinforced with a very stiff facing and is trimmed with black and white striped ribbons.


The neckline and sleeves are trimmed with a black dot-tulle that;s all hand ruffled. The sleeves are also trimmed with the most gorgeous frothy white lace. I think that really give it that 18th c. feel! The black skirt is separate so the dress can be worn with different skirts! It might look really stunning over a white skirt!
I hope you all love this dress as much as I do~!

No comments:

Post a Comment