Wednesday, January 4, 2012

For my Sweets: CINNAMONxSUGAR


Hi everyone, I hope you all had great holidays. I was fortunate enough to get to visit my family in Florida. It put me in the summer state of mind and got me thinking about what to make for the summer collection!

Anyway, here is the next piece from the winter collection. This one is light and fluffy! The dress is made of a very fine shear netting with the most gorgeous embroidery. The roundness of the embroidery at the hem made me think of cinnamon rolls. I decided to run with it and give the model cinnamon roll hair as well.


The yoke, collar and sleeves are all sheer. I kind of like the peek-a-boo effect while keeping it still completely modest.


This is one of the first pieces I made for this collection, as you might be able to tell one of the original inspirations was the regency period. Of course as I was working on other pieces I couldn't keep the rococo from creeping in!


I hope you guys like it~!

p.s.: What would you like to see in summer? I thought it might be fun to make some really light floaty shirt-dresses.

1 comment: