Monday, March 5, 2012

For my Sweets: SUGARxCAKE


This look was inspired by fancy frosted layer cakes! I picked this satin and matte stripe to look a little like the layers themselves.

The blouse is made from the most delicate white swiss-dotted cotton with a matching jabot and bow in her hair. I really love making blouses like this. It has a small peterpan collar that was designed to be worn with a bow tie! At the last minute I decided I liked the little jabot better then a yellow bowtie.


The hem is scalloped and trimmed with this adorable vintage Venice lace. It makes me think of delicate piped frosting designs.


The front and back of the bodice are cut so that the striped in the material come together in chevrons. haha I love making bodices like this! I'm sure it's clear by now since whenever I work with striped material I always manage to work chevrons into the front or the back of bodies!
I hope you guys liked this look too~!

No comments:

Post a Comment